Customers coming in get their vehicles serviced are an important audience for dealerships. Impressing these individuals with a great experience will keep them with the brand over time, in an era when loyalty is at a premium. Each service interaction is both a transaction of its own and a chance to keep the brand in the client's mind, ideally setting up the next sale and encouraging satisfied consumers to recommend the dealership to friends and family.
ViewPoint helps in the service department, providing useful information in a way that will help underline the benefits of offerings, options and promotions.
Promote Service Agreements
Kiosks illustrate the benefits that come from purchasing dealer service plans. This can be an excellent way to sell such agreements to today's digitally enabled consumers, who are looking for clear benefits and eager to perform their own research.
- Highlight benefits: Each point in a service plan can be spotlighted via an information kiosk, with rich multimedia such as images and videos helping consumers see the advantages in clear terms. Kiosks can present the range of service plans available, and can help ensure that customers understand the coverage associated with the plan they choose.
- Feature customer testimonials: Brands speaking to customers aren't as convincing as consumers communicating with one another. Kiosks in the service department can spotlight the words of satisfied service plan users and make the argument that much more convincing.
Provide Information that Helps Car Owners
The information stored on kiosks can enable users to retrieve knowledge directly from the dealership at their own speed. If they want terms explained or need to know what a particular part or procedure does for them, these devices are a great repository of such functional information. Video and images on large, high-resolution screens can enhance this experience.
- Share how-to and DIY information: Service departments can build trust and improve the ownership experience by providing helpful hints that will help customers keep their cars or trucks running smoothly. High-resolution images and videos make these lessons come through clearly.
- Describe common procedures: Kiosks can also explain the benefits customers should expect to see when they send their vehicles in for routine maintenance. Instead of verbally convincing individuals they need these procedures, staff members can direct them to kiosks so they can learn for themselves.
- Repurpose rich content: There is no need to create all-new content for kiosk use, either. Assets meant for dealer or OEM websites can be repurposed for kiosk use, and vice versa. This ensures that companies get the most from their investment in deep, informative data about the complete line of available vehicles.
Promote Specials for Service and Accessories
Information kiosks can display promotional images and video when they are not in use, allowing the dealership to reach interested customers who may be in the dealership for another reason. They may also help steer buyers toward upgrades and optional accessories.
- Use Service as a sales tactic: The service department can aim kiosks' idle screen messages at prospective buyers on the showroom floor to ensure they know about service department offers such as loaner vehicles and free washes.
- Promote limited-time offers: If there is a special on a certain procedure in the service department, kiosks can let customers know. They may be willing to go for the extra item once they know about it.
- Sell added options: Consumers in a dealership for service may be in the market for accessories or optional equipment for their vehicles. A well-timed reminder from an information kiosk can make these value-adds more appealing.
Recommend an Upgrade
A trip to the service department for repair may, depending on the nature of the problem and the cost of fixing it, trigger the customer to think about buying a new vehicle. Information kiosks can be a key part of this process, allowing consumers to compare the costs and benefits of a new car with repairing their current vehicle. Customers can explore their options, using the kiosk to explore detailed and media-rich information on the whole line of cars and trucks.