Large restaurant groups from McDonald's to Shake Shack today rely on kiosks for guest use. Why? Because quick-serve restaurant (QSR) food-ordering kiosks and efficient POS systems can shrink lines, allow guests to customize their orders, and help owners operate more efficiently while still providing an appealing and convenient in-store experience.
In fact, order accuracy and speed of service increase when guests can enter their own order specifications and send them directly to the kitchen. The result: happier customers. That’s why more than 65% say they’d visit a restaurant more often if kiosk ordering is available. And more good news: those customers would spend more. On average, ticket sizes climb 12%-30% when customers order from a self-service kiosk rather than from a cashier.
With a Viewpoint self-order kiosk in your establishment, you can:
- Streamline operations
- Conveniently manage your menu
- Increase order values
- Accelerate service to more guests
- Encourage patrons to order revenue-boosting upgrades
- Eliminate concern over rising labor costs
- Free existing staff to handle more intensive tasks
- Encourage loyalty program sign ups during checkout
Customers typically spend more money when ordering via kiosk or table-based tablet system than when ordering from wait staff.